This post also appears on my blog at The Times of Israel.

Zeh hayom asah Adonai, nagila v'nism'cha vo - This is the day Adonai has made, c'mon, let's rejoice and be glad! (Psalm 118:24)

Thank God for this day!

Thank God!

Thank God for the Court's decision. Thank God for Justices Kennedy, Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagen for upholding the 14th Amendment, that "[No State shall] deprive any person of life, liberty, or property ... nor deny to any person ... the equal protection of the laws."

Thank God for people like Jim Obergefell, Edie Windsor, and every other plaintiff who put themselves in public and on the line on behalf of the greater good.

Thank God for the lawyers who took up those cases and advocated for them and all people who desire marriage equality.

Thank God for community leaders. And thank God for faith leaders like Rabbi Denise Eger who taught us that our faith is not meant to deter marriage equality, but informs our determination to see its existence.

Thank God for allies. No fight worth doing should be accomplished alone.

Thank God for Matthew Shepard, and every victim of homophobia. The pain we felt inspired us to continue and fight for this sacred cause.

Thank God for Prop 8. For all of the pain it inflicted during its enactment, the process of its being overturned helped turn the tides of public opinion and paved the way for today's joy.

Thank God for the kindness and compassion of everyone who played a role in making today happen.

Thank God for marriage equality!

Thank God justice has been done!

Comments

10/02/2015 3:19am

Nice article.

10/02/2015 4:54am

Best article for all people.

11/09/2015 1:31am

Great details, several thanks into the writer. It is actually puzzling to me now, but usually, the usefulness and importance is mind-boggling. A great deal thanks once again and better of luck!

12/01/2015 9:40am

You do have such an interesting blog. Thank you!zxz

01/19/2016 10:25am

Prayer woudnt help you. Just do it!

07/01/2016 12:14am

I was guessing if You Could write a little more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if You Could elaborate a little bit more.I found this post very exciting. I think you will have any other post on this topic? I am also sending it to my friend to enjoy your working style. Cheers!

The marriage equality law helps people for same level. The discrimination between the superior inferior vanished by such law. People love to use this amended law. The lawyer provides detail plate form for such awareness.

11/24/2016 4:56am

Islamic weddings are comprehensive and the celebrations continue for weeks before and after the wedding. While all the other functions are optional and are celebrated to increase the festivity and colors of the wedding, the two very important and significant parts of a Muslim wedding are the nikkah and walima ceremony.

01/05/2017 10:50am

Real estate agents who work specifically with developers are additionally finding the advantages of one-close financing: Instead of simply offering the land, and winning commission on the land partition, brokers can be instrumental in connecting up the client and the manufacturer, offering the land and development bundle and procuring commission on the whole esteem.

01/06/2017 11:04am

A few parts additionally accompany certain limitations/agreements on the title. These kind of confinements ordinarily address such issues as building size and development materials, fencing, sheds, and utilization of the land and are typically coordinated to keeping up and making a specific standard of neighborhood environment.

04/12/2017 4:11am

Family roles are equal no matter what your husband says. This is a tradition from the ancient times.

05/13/2017 6:38am

It’s going to be ending of mine day, but before ending I am reading this fantastic piece of writing to improve my knowledge.

05/29/2017 3:22am

I am glad to read this post, its an interesting one. I am always searching for quality posts and articles and this is what I found here, I hope you will be adding more in future. Thanks

06/06/2017 9:44am

It is a very profitable post for me. I've enjoyed reading the post. It is very informative and useful post. I would like to visit the post once more its valuable content.

Thanks for sharing this information and I’ll love to read your next post too.